Emeran Mayer is a gastroenterologist, lecturer, author, neuroscientist, filmmaker and a professor in the Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Psychiatry at the School of medicine at UCLA. Dr Mayer is a pioneer of medical research into brain gut interactions.
In this podcast today, we discuss:
- The role of the microbiome
- Why your gut is your second brain
- How many microbes do we have in our gut?
- The role of food in mental health
- Can thoughts make you sick?
- The best foods for your gut
- Much more